2007/11/26

Dance and the life

I have given myself a wonderful present: from 23 to 25 november I was at the 3rd International Bellydance Congress, three days of classes and shows to meet other teachers and collect new ideas.
My adventure in the world of bellydance began in september 2006, when I was 29 years old. I had never danced before, nor practiced any sport, because I wasn't able to find something interesting for me. Then a friend of mine told me about bellydance: I started with my lessons, she didn't. It has been a beautiful journey from the very beginning, a good way to be with myself, to think about nothing, to share a common interest with other women . Last friday we we were nine from the same school and my friends are all better than me, but their advices were precious.
The first day I felt clumsy, but I remembered what Chiara had told me during the trip: last year I came back feeling more confident. The same thing happened to me. During this weekend I could learn something new, I saw a lot of people dancing, I understood what I prefer, I felt in a deeper way what I was doing.
I saw the beginning of a love story between my body and me. Every gesture speaks to me and speaks about me. I have something to tell and something to listen. I know that this experience will complete the painting too, together with my passion for words and music. I know that this experience will define better my special relation with the time, with my time, with my music.
My friend Sandra told me: the Spirit plays a music for each one, the problem is that sometimes we don't dance on the right rhythm.

No comments: