2008/10/05

Spelt with pumpkin and gorgonzola cheese

In the last few months I've been so tired that I never wanted to cook. But last Sunday I gave a look to a recipe in a magazine and I decided it was time to start again my experiments. I have to say that this is a good way to take care of myself and of my family. So I want to share with you some of my ideas. The first I propose to you is ispired by something seen in a restaurant, with some differences.

For 2 people:
spelt 100 g
pumpkin 100 g (or a little more)
a little onion
olive oil
salt pepper
vegetable broth
gorgonzola cheese

Chop up the onion and let it brown in the oil. Add the pumpkin in little bits and some water. Cook for ten minutes. Add the spelt and cook it for a couple of minutes, then add the broth gradually. Add salt and pepper as you prefer. When te spelt is well done (it will take 20 minutes, more or less), put some slices of gorgonzola cheese in the plates and then put the spelt over it.
It's wonderful with beer.

No comments: