2009/05/14

The gift of marriage




During the last weekend I received two gifts: the first one came from Alessandra and Stephen, who invited me to their wedding, the second one by my uncles Emanuela and George celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary. 
Participate in the marriage of a couple of friends is always nice: you take part in their joy, but you also have the opportunity to renew your own. From the celebration on Saturday, I brought home a passage of the homily. The priest invited the newlyweds to wonder every day: what should I do today because my husband (my wife) is happy to be in the world? I remember what another friend of mine, who is also a priest, said: we got married every day, not only the day of wedding; every day, you have to choose your spouse again and begin a new page of love. How can people get bored in front of such a perspective? 
A lot of pages of love have certainly been written by the couples that together with my uncles have celebrated last Sunday an important anniversary: 10, 25, 40, 50 and 60 years of life together. 
I like that every year we find  a special moment to recognize the value of the choice of these people, to thank them for the love they give each other and also demonstrating the courage to remain united. The faces of love are beautiful  at any age.




No comments: